That was just a case to prove the point of when to file for an order of protection and in what circumstances. Here is the detailed process for filing explained.
Filing a Restraining Order
– If you are in potential and immediate danger, call the emergency (911). even in the situation where you are threatened, abused, and/or the matter has ended, call and tell the police that you want to press charges. If at all the case is immediately prosecuted, the court will issue an order of protection immediately.
– Get the family to a safe place and ask for help. People are mostly helpful in such matters and they would assist you in filing a restraining order.
– Approaching the police station would be of help, as the officers there would definitely give more detailed information on how to press charges.
– Call up the local family court (in case of domestic violence) and ask how to file an order of protection. Then, you would need to go to the court and get the requisite documents.
– Next, you would need to fill out